(San Fransco, California--March 16, 2016) Today, Allegorithmic
releases Substance Painter 2.0
, an update that turns the popular texturing tool into a mini-pipeline. Now game artists can paint, render and share their creations without ever having to leave their viewport.
"Artists can now create and shed the most beautiful light on their 3D assets in the same place,” said Sébastien Deguy, Founder and CEO of Allegorithmic. “With Substance Painter 2.0, all you need is a modeler and you have a complete Look Development pipeline."
At the core of this new workflow is NVIDIA’s Iray renderer. Freshly integrated, this powerful path tracer can produce photorealistic renders at the touch of a button, with no restrictions on resolution or material complexity.
Other Key Features Include:
- New Creation Tools: Substance Painter 2.0 launches with an enhanced library of scanned materials, smart masks, finishing filters and tool brushes. Artists can continue to build this library through a live link to Substance Share, which gives them free access to the community’s best designs.
- Substance Store: Curated materials, brushes, patches, HDRIs, and meshes are now available for purchase. Items can be obtained individually, or as Mood Packs that cover specific themes like “Sci-Fi Alien” and “Medieval Knight”. For added convenience, all assets immediately download into user libraries.
- Smudge and Clone: New painting tools make it possible to create smudges and clone channel regions, barring the need for touch-ups in external software.
- Imaging and Viewport Updates: Full screen mode, 3D mouse support, and improved image quality have all been added, making the experience of asset creation more immersive. Improved normal mapping will also enable better renders on material heights.
- Direct Exports to Engines and Showcase Sites – Sketchfab and ArtStation now have direct links through the viewport, making the portfolio creation process simple.
For more information, please visit the Allegorithmic website
Pricing and Availability
Substance Painter 2.0 is available today for the Mac OSX, Windows and Linux platforms. Indie licenses are available for $149, while pro licenses are $590. Interested artists can purchase Substance Painter on allegorithmic.com
, Steam or the Unity Asset store.
About Substance Painter
Substance Painter is a patented, next-gen painting application that accurately replicates the look of shine, decay, patina and fractures virtually via a particle-based painting system. Multi-channel brushes follow physical laws, helping artists achieve PBR-quality details at high speeds.
# # #
Founded in 2003 and based in France, the US and China, Allegorithmic is the leader in 3D texturing technologies with more than 50,000 users including Sony, Microsoft, Activision, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, NCSoft, Tencent, Autodesk, NVIDIA and Intel. The company specializes in creating advanced authoring software and middleware that is designed to simplify the process of creating and distributing high-quality textures for next-generation content developers. The company’s flagship product range is Substance. For more information on Allegorithmic and its products, please visit: www.allegorithmic.com