(Hollywood, California--March 24, 2016) At NAB 2016, MTI Film will launch the latest version of its groundbreaking dailies and media management software Cortex with new features for IMF deliveries, dead pixel correction, Dolby Vision, 4K up-resing and editing, as well as many UI improvements. Originally conceived as a streamlined dailies processing application, Cortex has developed into an end-to-end solution for managing media from the set through delivery.
“Cortex goes beyond other media management and transcoding solutions,” says MTI Film Director of Development Randy Reck. “The new features for 2016 deliver a complete post production package. Over the last five years, our customers have relied on Cortex for thousands of hours of productivity. We're proud to provide them with new features that enable them to service their clients more completely in a single application.”
New and updated features for NAB 2016:
IMF and AS02 Support.
Cortex can now create IMF delivery packages for Netflix, Sony and other distributors as well as AS02 packages for HBO at significantly less cost than other solutions.
Cortex outputs HDR video and controls the Dolby Color Management Unit hardware. The High Dynamic Range metadata can be edited and delivered while simultaneously monitoring HDR and SDR.
Dead Pixel Detection and Correction.
Dead Pixel Detection,included in all Cortex editions, quickly alerts production when a camera sensor has a fault. Dead Pixel Correction,a feature of Cortex Enterprise, automatically finds and repairs dead pixels in edit masters as well as camera clips.
UpRes to 4K.
Resize up or down with MTI HQ or MTI-Samsung UpRes, the industry’s leading algorithm. MTI and Samsung engineers have collaborated to deliver the highest quality 4K images from HD sources.
The latest version of Cortex also features an improved Project Manager with a global search tool so users can easily find and consolidate clips from different shoot days for revision and re-delivery to the editing room. Reports are generated automatically for ALEs, Copy Jobs, HBO Archives, and Cortex Manifests—the easy way to faithfully transport all job information from one Cortex system to another.
Cortex’s new Edit feature can be used to create custom compositions on a timeline. Edit includes assemblies and simple tools for overwrite, insert, lift and extract.
Color can be generated and applied via LUTs, CDLs, stills and supported tactile panels. Cortex is ASC compliant with full ACES support.
Other Cortex features:
About MTI Film LLC
- Playback is available for all popular camera and codec file formats.
- Copy & Verify allows safe and efficient backup to three targets with full MD5 checksum.
- Cortex Manifest ensures media and color remain consistent from set to post.
- Sync is fast and simple with automatic and manual modes. Metadata is loaded automatically.
- Deliverables are fully customizable with burn-ins, matting and watermarking.
- Track and Trace for VFX and EDL pulls.
- Color Trace allows original color metadata to follow the post process.
- Transcode from any camera or post file format. Output to DNx, Prores, DPX, EXR, TIFF, H.264 or XDCam. Options include Blu-ray, DVD, and HEVC.
- HD-SDI and HDMI Output allows monitoring in 4K.
- Cortex Share, a feature of Cortex Enterprise, allows projects to be shared across multiple workstations.
Since 1997 MTI Film has provided award winning software applications to the post-production industry with a focus on technology for digital film restoration and digital dailies. The CORTEX family of products goes beyond comprehensive dailies to provide full post utility including dead pixel correction, UHD UpRes, IMF deliveries and Dolby Vision. DRS™ NOVA has been the industry standard for digital film restoration, thanks to MTI Film’s advanced image processing research and development.
For more information visit www.mtifilm.com