(Seattle, Washington--April 14, 2016) Streambox®, an industry leading pioneer delivering unique video streaming solutions, today announced its Streambox® Cloud upgrade. The new server software features enhances the user experience locally, remotely and globally with low-latency, multi-location HD and 4K video distribution, playout and streaming of those videos to connected mobile devices. To service these new capabilities, all servers on AWS have been upgraded globally for increased performance for transcoding, reliable LDMP video transport and additional server locations.
The Streambox Cloud team has been working diligently to expand the presence of the Streambox servers geographically as well. As a result, the offering is now available in US West, US Midwest, US East, Ireland, Germany, Singapore, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Sidney and Sau Paulo. With an automated and simplified workflow, Streambox Cloud provides users with their own Channel page, ideal for sharing live and archived video.
The key Streambox Cloud upgrade features include the following:
- Geo IP with Google Maps integration: See and locate where video streams are originating from for location awareness and asset tracking
- Avenir, Micro and Drone dashboard: The assets management tab on the Streambox Cloud web page provides a complete real-time list of deployed systems, including Avenir Encoders asset management, notifications of live streaming, last activity and location, GPS location integration with Google Maps, remote unit access for control, configuration and management, and real-time readout of streaming data rate and device information
- HD web and mobile video transcoding and CDN distribution: Multi-bitrate h.264 Transcoding and streaming
- 4K/HD video file time shift playout for multi-location delayed video playout
- Live video cue-once video location marking for multi-location video playout
Streambox Cloud is a reliable, cloud-based, live video management solution delivering the highest quality low-latency video over any public/private IP network. Streambox customers can capture, manage, and stream SD, HD, and 4K video easier than ever before. Streambox Cloud is designed for video professionals in broadcast, web streaming, post-production, house of worship, enterprise, education, medical, government and military industries.
Streambox leads the video over IP industry with complete end-to-end newsgathering solutions and contribution streaming service. The Streambox platform of professional live and file-based HD/SD software and hardware for video transport, management, and play out streamlines the workflow for any broadcasting and streaming need. Streambox technology is based on the ACT-L3™ proprietary video compression which allows faster encoding with low-latency and adaptive bit-rate streaming over public/private networks.
Learn more at www.streambox.com