(Mountain View, CA--May 23, 2016) Following a successful debut of its two new cloud-based live video solutions at the National Association of Broadcasters Show (NAB) in April, TVU Networks
, the global technology leader in live IP video solutions, will showcase TVU Command Center and TVU Alert as well as its complete line of IP-based live video solutions at the upcoming BroadcastAsia Exhibition & Conference
. In addition, TVU’s VP of Product Management, Matt McEwen, is a scheduled presenter and will speak about the advantages of broadcasters transitioning to an IP-based workflow for live video. TVU Networks will demonstrate its products at its reseller’s booth, Magna Systems & Engineering (Booth 5C2-01).
TVU’s VP of Product Management, Matt McEwen
McEwen will deliver his presentation, “Transitioning to IP Based Workflow for Live, HD Video
“ at 4:30 PM on Wednesday, June 1st. McEwen’s talk is part of BroadcastAsia’s Broadcast Engineering and Technology Track 3 speaking engagements, which are focused on Next Generation Workflow and Digital Assets Management tools. His presentation will cover the advantages of live, IP-based video acquisition, management and distribution, and will discuss how IP-based operations improve workflow automation. The session will also cover managing the transition from SDI to IP when changing to software-defined workflows, as well as the key processes and benefits of switching from a legacy infrastructure to an IP-based model.
Visitors to TVU’s demonstration station at Magna Systems & Engineering’s booth will be able to see how TVU’s new cloud-based solutions help broadcasters manage all of their breaking news alerts and video content anywhere from one interface. TVU Command Center delivers centralized and complete management control of video content with a robust set of tools that include managing live video transmitters and receivers, the switching, routing and distribution of live video feeds, GPS location tracking of live transmitters in the field and much more. TVU Alert provides the capability of instant text-based notification of breaking news to a group of individuals within a news organization or the entire organization, allowing for faster internal communications and being on-air first.
TVU’s IP-based live video solutions also include all of the following:
TVU One -
The new fifth generation mobile IP newsgathering transmitter is a breakthrough in design and performance. TVU One delivers the same Inverse StatMux Plus transmission resiliency, HD picture quality and sub-second latency of a full-size mobile cellular backpack solution but in an ultra-compact size and weight form factor.
- The award-winning TVU Grid is a powerful, yet simple IP-video distribution, routing and switching system giving broadcasters the ability to seamlessly switch live IP video content and share live video streams between multiple remote locations. With TVU Grid, the walls of broadcast stations are knocked down, enabling them to efficiently distribute or collect content with just the click of a button.
- Designed to turn your portable smart device or laptop instantly into a transmitter, TVU Anywhere is a powerful tool enabling reporters to instantly capture and transmit footage from anywhere at anytime. TVU Anywhere is easy to use – just download the app to your smartphone, tablet or laptop, open the application and start transmitting video. TVU Anywhere uses your device’s 3G/4G/LTE wireless connection and WiFi when available to transmit live video to a TVU Receiver.
- TVU MLink brings cellular 3G/4G LTE transmission capabilities to satellite and microwave vehicles, vans and trucks. Designed for fixed deployment, MLink is a one RU rack unit that is capable of aggregating the transmission signals from multiple transmission mediums simultaneously, including cellular, satellite, microwave, WiFi and Ethernet.
- TVU’s Remote Production System (RPS) delivers a cost-effective alternative for live remote synchronized multi-camera news and sports coverage by leveraging a broadcaster’s existing studio control room staff and equipment and a public Internet connection from the field. With TVU RPS, a broadcaster can achieve on-location live production without the need for production trucks, dedicated fiber or large on-site production crews.
TVU Aerial Newsgathering Pack
- TVU has partnered with DJI, the leading drone manufacturer in the world, to deliver a fully-integrated live transmission solution capable of delivering live video from a DJI drone using TVU One. The solution is capable of transmitting in full HD with sub-second latency with more than 20 minutes of fly time for the drone.
Already in use by hundreds of leading broadcast organizations around the world, the TVU Networks family of IP transmission solutions gives broadcasters and organizations a powerful and reliable tool to distribute live video content to broadcast, online and mobile platforms. The TVU Networks suite of solutions has been used to deliver professional-quality live HD footage of a number of important events around the world including the World Cup, both Summer and Winter Olympic Games, U.S. presidential elections, natural disasters, the 2013 Papal conclave, the Super Bowl, the 2015 Papal visit to the United States and several international sporting events. For more information about TVU Networks solutions, please visit www.tvunetworks.com
Social Media Links:
TVU Networks on Twitter
TVU Networks on Instagram
TVU Networks on Facebook
TVU Networks on LinkedIn
TVU Networks on YouTube
About TVU Networks®
TVU Networks® is a technology and market leader in IP-based live video solutions. TVU’s solutions help transform broadcasters’ SDI-based operations – which include acquisition, transmission, routing, distribution and management – to an IP-based infrastructure. TVU® serves customers of all sizes in more than 80 countries from industries that include news broadcast, web streaming, law enforcement, sports, corporate and government. In broadcast markets around the world including the USA, China and other major economic powers, TVU® is the dominant market leader with a large majority of all news broadcast stations using its IP video solutions. Using its proprietary IS+ technology, TVU’s uplink solutions use any combination of cellular, satellite, microwave, WiFi and Ethernet IP connections to deliver live HD video from practically any location.