(San Francisco, California--August 4, 2016) RE:Vision Effects, acclaimed effects plug-in industry leader and makers of Academy Award winning software, announces RE:Lens™, a new set of tools for projection conversion and lens distortion correction. RE:Lens is vital for your super-wide, fisheye, spherical, and 360 panorama workflow and is now available for Adobe® Premiere Pro®, while continuing to be available for Adobe After Effects®.
RE:Lens straightens curved video captured with wide-angle and fisheye lenses. RE:Lens works great when shooting with action cameras such as a GoPro in ultra-wide mode. No more skinny legs or abnormally small heads when you don't want them!
Shoot with a superfish lens on a single camera and convert the video to Latitude-Longitude (LatLong) format suitable for use with all major 360 viewers. With the proper lens and camera setup, RE:Lens eliminates stitching from your panorama workflow. Complement your 360 VR production workflow with RE:Lens by converting panoramic VR photos and videos in LatLong format to normal (rectilinear) viewing, then match and add your motion graphics, titles, and CG, before converting back to panoramic LatLong for your 360 viewer.
With RE:Lens you can create new looks with your 4K, 6K and 8K cameras that were not previously possible. For example, work with a professional DSLR fisheye zoom to capture large-resolution super-wide shots, and then produce pleasing sports, landscape or architectural video that you could not normally generate from a single camera. When you straighten your video shot with a superfish lens (220-280 degrees), you can animate camera rotations and zooms in post, providing greater flexibility when directing the viewer's attention. Even create two separate virtual views using a single camera!
RE:Lens also reduces chromatic fringing and other aberrations often seen when using curved lenses. RE:Lens even handles video shot using mirror balls and parabolic lens-mirrors!
Most currently-sold GPUs will provide customers with much needed acceleration, including even many mobile GPUs for laptops. The total speedup end-users will see will vary once application overhead is taken into account, including disk I/O, internal host buffering schemes, bandwidth of PCIe bus, codec used for footage, as well as features used in the plug-ins.
More information and demo movies about RE:Lens are located on our website. http://revisionfx.com/products/relens/
Compatibility and Pricing
- Capture with your fisheye or super fisheye lens and then convert to normal "rectilinear" projection for output, eliminating the need to watch curved images.
- 360 (LatLong) to 2D conversion: Convert your 360 panoramic VR video to normal 2D, with options to edit and animate your point of view within the LatLong video.
- Convert super fisheye clips to a 360 panoramic video in a single step without the need for stitching software.
- Paint or add motion graphics, titles, 3D material to your LatLong, fisheye and other non-rectilinear material easily: Convert to normal 2D, add motion graphics or 3D animation, then return the elements back to your source format using RE:Lens.
- Create ultra-wide aspect ratio videos from fisheye and wide-angle field-of-view lenses, maintaining a larger undistorted FOV than you can with any normal range lens.
- Proper perspective correction controls for wide-angle and fisheye
- Option to reduce over-stretched corners when generating super wide field-of-view outputs.
- Use super high-res 360 stock panoramas, or capture your own, and animate a virtual camera move within them.
- Attenuates chromatic distortions and fringing that can occur with curved lenses.
- Handles normal pincushion and barrel corrections for super wide-angle zoom lenses.
- Dedicated support for exotic mirror-based systems such as parabolic lens-mirrors and mirror balls.
- High quality filtering options. Option to automatically soften or sharpen in the appropriate places.
- Convert between these projection formats: rectilinear, latitude longitude (equirectangular 360 panoramic VR), fisheye, super fisheye, super wide-angle zoom, mirror ball projections, parabolic lens-mirrors.
- GPU acceleration
About RE:Vision Effects
- Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and up (CS6, CC, CC 2014 and CC 2015).
- Adobe After Effects CS5 and up (CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC, CC 2014 and CC 2015)
- Available for $189.95
- Buy licenses from our website.
RE:Vision Effects is software development company focused on providing innovative software to create, modify, control, and enhance digital video imagery at the highest quality. Their products have a broad range of applications and are currently used in every phase of television, motion picture, internet and visual effects industries. The company supplies its cutting edge software through partnerships and direct sales for a large segment of customers ranging from at-home editors, wedding and other live event videographers, industrial video providers to those creating high-end effects for commercials, broadcast TV and big-budget films. The founders received a 2006 Academy Award for Technical Achievement for the design and development of this affordable, user-friendly RE:Vision family of software products.
Demo material, examples and software are available at http://www.revisionfx.com
Twixtor, DE:Noise, ReelSmart Motion Blur, RE:Map and RE:Flex are registered trademarks and Effections, FieldsKit, PV Feather, RE:Fill, RE:Lens, RE:Match, Shade/Shape, SmoothKit, and Video Gogh are trademarks of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. All other trademarks, company names and products are the property of their respective holders. Features, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.