(Los Angeles, California--September 30, 2016) Avid
® (Nasdaq:AVID) today introduced Pro Tools® | MTRX, a versatile new audio interface for Pro Tools | HDX and HD Native. Developed by Digital Audio Denmark for Avid, Pro Tools | MTRX gives Pro Tools users the superior sonic quality of DAD’s legendary AD and DA converters—along with incredibly flexible monitoring, I/O, and routing capabilities—all in one powerful unit. Powered by the MediaCentral® Platform, it integrates seamlessly with Pro Tools | S6 and Pro Tools | S3 control surfaces.
“The new Pro Tools | MTRX gives audio professionals amazing sonic quality and the power to customize the interface, giving them the control and flexibility they need to create high-quality content,” said Tim Carroll, VP Product Management, audio at Avid. “Through Avid Everywhere™, we’re continuing to deliver powerful new solutions to help audio professionals deliver the most demanding audio post and pro mixing projects.”
Pro Tools | MTRX will enable users to:
- Gain extended monitor control and flexible routing with Pro Tools | S6, S3, and other EUCON surfaces
- Use the converter as a high-performance 64-channel Pro Tools | HD interface
- Connect and route their entire studio through AES3, MADI, Dante, and/or SDI I/O (MADI, Dante and SDI I/O option cards sold separately)
- Add high-quality mic preamps as an option and remotely control them from Pro Tools
- Customize Pro Tools | MTRX to their needs through eight available 8-channel card slots
- Keep everything in sync through Word Clock, AES11, Video, and all digital I/O
- Get automatic sample rate conversion on AES inputs
Pro Tools | MTRX will be available in Q4 2016. For more information visit www.avid.com
Through Avid Everywhere™, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption. Media organizations and creative professionals use Avid solutions to create the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, to the most popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, as well as a majority of today’s most celebrated music recordings and live concerts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, Avid NEXIS™, Interplay®, ProSet and RealSet, Maestro, PlayMaker, and Sibelius®.
©2016 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid Everywhere, iNEWS, Interplay, AirSpeed, MediaCentral, Media Composer, Pro Tools, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.