(Los Angeles, CA--December 6, 2016) The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
today announced that 15 films in the Documentary Feature category will advance in the voting process for the 89th Academy Awards®. One hundred forty-five films were originally submitted in the category.
The 15 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production companies:
- “Cameraperson,” Big Mouth Productions
- “Command and Control,” American Experience Films/PBS
- “The Eagle Huntress,” Stacey Reiss Productions, Kissiki Films and 19340 Productions
- “Fire at Sea,” Stemal Entertainment
- “Gleason,” Dear Rivers Productions, Exhibit A and IMG Films
- “Hooligan Sparrow,” Little Horse Crossing the River
- “I Am Not Your Negro,” Velvet Film
- “The Ivory Game,” Terra Mater Film Studios and Vulcan Productions
- “Life, Animated,” Motto Pictures and A&E IndieFilms
- “O.J.: Made in America,” Laylow Films and ESPN Films
- “13th,” Forward Movement
- “Tower,” Go-Valley
- “Weiner,” Edgeline Films
- “The Witness,” The Witnesses Film
- “Zero Days,” Jigsaw Productions
The Academy’s Documentary Branch determined the shortlist in a preliminary round of voting. Documentary Branch members will now select the five nominees from among the 15 titles.
Nominations for the 89th Oscars® will be announced on Tuesday, January 24, 2017.
# # #
About The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is the world's preeminent movie related organization, comprised of 7,000+ accomplished men and women working in cinema. We recognize and uphold excellence in the motion picture arts and sciences, inspire imagination, and connect the world through the medium of motion pictures.
Academy Awards® and Oscars® are registered trademarks of The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.