(Palo Alto, California--January 12, 2017) HP
today announced an updated HP ZBook 15u
- a thin, powerful, low cost and compact mobile workstation. The HP ZBook 15u with its 15.6" diagonal display is a superb combination of mobility and value.
Starting at 4.18 lbs.3
and 19.9mm thin, this mobile workstation doesn’t sacrifice performance. It is powered by the new 7th generation Intel® Core™ i5 or i7 processors4
, up to 32 GB of DDR4
, AMD FirePro™ professional graphics, 2TB2
of storage including the optional HP Z Turbo Drive G25, and an FHD touch or UHD display5
Users will appreciate the long-life battery that supports HP Fast Charge - providing a quick recharge of up to 50% battery life in just 30 minutes of charging7
. The ZBook 15u Mobile Workstation has an overall system reliability that boasts 120,000 hours of testing in HP’s Total Test Process and is designed to pass MIL-STD 810G standards6
Users can take advantage of Windows 10 Pro1
and the rich features of ISV certified AMD FirePro™ 3D graphics with 2GB of video memory designed to work with all professional applications on the HP ZBook 15u Mobile Workstation.
“Mobility has become more important for professional customers and a thin, powerful workstation from a trusted partner is what they want,” said Josh Peterson, vice president of product management Z Workstations, HP Inc. “The HP ZBook 15u is the value performance category leader for HP’s mobile workstation lineup.”
This mobile workstation is packed with security and manageability features including the industry leading BIOS security feature - HP Sure Start Gen38 which monitors in-memory BIOS, recovers the platform without intervention, restores the BIOS to a custom state, and is enterprise ready for centralized management. The embedded Trusted Platform Module (TPM), Smart Card Reader and optional Finger Print Reader5
help secure data, e-mail and user credentials.The HP ZBook 15u has multiple ports including a USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, DisplayPort™ 1.2, and more.
HP ZBook Mobile Workstations also come preloaded with HP Remote Graphics Software for remote collaboration, HP Performance Advisor for optimal performance and HP Velocity for more reliable and fast network performance.
Pricing and Availability
HP ZBook 15u is availability now starting at $1079. The datasheet is available here
# # #
1. Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.windows.com.
2. For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30GB (for Windows 10) of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
3. Weight will vary by configuration.
4. Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
5. Sold separately or as an optional feature.
6. MIL-STD testing is pending and is not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions. Damage under the MIL STD test conditions or any accidental damage requires an optional HP Accidental Damage Protection Care Pack
7. Recharges your battery up to 50% within 30 minutes when the system is off or in standby mode. Power adapter with a minimum capacity of 65 watts is required. After charging has reached 50% capacity, charging will return to normal. Charging time may vary +/-10% due to System tolerance.
8. Available on HP ZBook products equipped with Intel® 7th generation processors.
9. Service levels and response times for HP Care Services may vary depending on your geographic location. Service starts on date of hardware purchase. Restrictions and limitations apply. For details, visit www.hp.com/go/cpc. HP services are governed by the applicable HP terms and conditions of service provided or indicated to Customer at the time of purchase. Customer may have additional statutory rights according to applicable local laws, and such rights are not in any way affected by the HP terms and conditions of service or the HP Limited Warranty provided with your HP Product.