(San Jose, CA--January 18, 2017) (PRNewswire) Quantum Corp
today announced expansions to its storage solutions family and technology partner ecosystem for video surveillance and security. With the new Xcellis™ Application Director E, customers in low camera-count environments can now run video management systems (VMS) or analytic applications with directly attached storage. In addition, Arecont Vision, AxxonSoft and Digifort have joined the Quantum Advantage Partner™ program, enabling them to test, qualify and integrate their VMS technology with Quantum storage offerings for enhanced customer benefits. Quantum will showcase these and other developments at Intersec 2017 in Dubai, Jan. 22-24, booth SA I-23.
Bringing Surveillance and Security Data Storage to Smaller Environments
Xcellis Application Director E, a new model in the Xcellis Application Director product line, is a cost-effective video server and storage appliance for smaller-scale camera environments. This new entry-level offering:
- is ideal for implementations ranging from 10 to 25 cameras;
- fulfills storage requirements from 18TB to 64TB (raw);
- enables users to manage further data growth through integration into a larger Quantum QXS™ Series disk-based environment or Xcellis-based tiered architecture.
With the addition of the Xcellis Application Director E, Quantum's product portfolio for video surveillance infrastructures can now scale from as few as 10 cameras to tens of thousands. Xcellis Application Director solutions also enable VMS applications to connect directly to QXS Series disk storage or as clients in an Xcellis environment powered by Quantum's industry-leading StorNext(®) data management. As a result, users can access data without adding to network traffic for a more efficient video surveillance infrastructure.
A Growing Ecosystem of Surveillance Partners
Quantum's rapidly expanding video surveillance partner ecosystem now consists of more than 40 companies. The latest additions include:
Quantum's growing presence in video surveillance includes increasing industry recognition.
- Arecont Vision is the leading manufacturer of high-performance megapixel IP cameras and makes its products in the U.S. The company's MegaVideo® and SurroundVideo® massively parallel image processing architectures are now in their fifth generation and represent a drastic departure from traditional analog and network camera designs.
- AxxonSoft is a leading global developer of open VMS and PSIM (physical security information management) platforms. With headquarters in Moscow and more than 40 offices around the world, the company has over 2,500 partners, which perform over 1,500 installations every month.
- Digifort provides the first Brazilian software for IP surveillance and digital image storage. The company's IP Surveillance System provides advanced resources, equipment and technological solutions for digital intelligence, corporate surveillance and urban security. Digifort has approximately 12,000 customers worldwide.
- Earning Surveillance Industry Accolades
- American Security Today magazine recently awarded Quantum the platinum 2016 "ASTORS" Homeland Security Award for best video data storage solution. The award recognizes outstanding product development achievements and new technologies to address growing homeland security threats.
- Axis Communications named Quantum 2016 Technology Partner of the Year at the 11(th) annual Axis Connect and Converge Conference (ACCC 2016).
- Storage magazine/SearchStorage.com selected Xcellis Workflow Storage as a finalist in the 2016 Products of the Year awards in the Enterprise Hard Disk/Hybrid Storage category and chose the DXi6900-S as a finalist in the Data Backup Hardware category.
Wayne Arvidson, Vice President, Surveillance and Security Solutions, Quantum
"As storage has taken on a larger role in users achieving their surveillance and security objectives, leading VMS companies have partnered with Quantum because of our commitment to delivering optimized solutions for joint customers. This growing partner ecosystem, along with offerings such as Xcellis Application Director E, also enables security and surveillance integrators and distributors to provide greater value to customers at all levels."
# # #
Quantum is a leading expert in scale-out tiered storage, archive and data protection. The company's data management platform and tiered storage approach provide a unique combination of high performance, low-cost capacity and easy access that enables security and law enforcement professionals to address the challenges created by more cameras, higher resolutions, and increasingly sophisticated analytics. Learn more at www.quantum.com/solutions/video-surveillance/index.aspx
Quantum, the Quantum logo, DXi, Quantum Advantage Partner, QXS, StorNext and Xcellis are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to: 1) benefits and value to customers from using Quantum's Xcellis Application Director solutions, including the Xcellis Application Director E, 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such solutions and 3) benefits from the Quantum Advantage program are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. More detailed information about these risk factors are set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 4, 2016 and in Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 3, 2016, as amended. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.