(Emeryville, CA--April 13, 2017) For NAB 2017, Aspera, an IBM company and creator of technologies that move the world’s data at maximum speed, will demonstrate its most ambitious set of high-speed transfer software and workflow automation solutions ever, including a preview of a new streaming service for high-quality video and data streaming as well as new capabilities across Aspera Files, Aspera Transfer Service, Aspera Analytics, Aspera Drive, Aspera Shares, and Aspera Orchestrator.
The technology foundation of the latest generation of the Transfer Server software includes major advancements in core FASP transport performance and security, optimized scale out options that can sustain 20 Gbps+ multi-session jobs across clustered cloud instances, and full multi-tenant management. New capabilities offer the ability to transmit live video and data streams for universal delivery of any bulk streaming application over the WAN – including live video ingest and distribution, high quality streaming to the browser, and live data ingest for big data analytics – plus updates across the entire suite of applications and APIs
including new SaaS services.
Preview of the New Streaming Platform
– At NAB 2017, Aspera will preview a new streaming platform service with new technology that can support any streaming provider (live video or data from TCP as well as UDP sources) without modification, and across a variety of clients (browser, mobile and desktop) using Aspera Files and Aspera Transfer Service SaaS platforms. This builds on the Aspera FASPStream technology introduced last year used for transporting live broadcast quality video and data feeds with guaranteed delivery rates independent of network round trip time and packet loss, opening the possibility of streaming over global, commodity internet paths with extraordinary quality.
– Aspera has introduced more than 30 new Aspera Files features
for its Personal, Business and Enterprise editions. Ideal for the smallest start-up to the largest enterprise, Files provides a complete high-speed file sharing solution, spanning any public cloud or on premise storage, and is available to customers as either pure pay-as-you-go or volume commitment options directly from Aspera Sales and through the Aspera Store
online. New client options and features are available via Aspera Drive
, Aspera Connect
applications to dramatically extend the user collaboration possibilities for desktop, browser and mobile access. Significant advances in the Files API and ATS API allow for easy integration of the platforms into media and enterprise workflows, and 3rd party platforms that need fast, easy, high performance transfer.
Aspera Transfer Service (ATS)
– ATS is a new hosted multi-cloud, multi-tenant software service that enables secure high-speed transfer of large files and data sets to, from, and across cloud infrastructure. Customers can access and use ATS either as a stand-alone platform solution or as a part of Aspera Files to enable the application to connect to and transfer with third party cloud platforms. Aspera has now launched ATS in the major storage regions in IBM Cloud and Amazon Web Services with early access available for Microsoft Azure and support for Google Cloud soon, all of which offer a host of unique and advanced capabilities for high-speed bulk data transfer direct to cloud storage.
Aspera Drive 3.0
– Aspera Drive delivers an in-desktop experience for remote transfer, sync and package exchange from a Windows or OS X desktop. The new Aspera Drive 3.0 brings major new remote collaboration capabilities including:
- Check-in / check-out option to download a local copy of files to make changes exclusively and then easily check-in to replace the master version.
- New remote Share-to-Share transfer capabilities to enable local or global high-speed transfers directly from the user’s desktop.
- New OS X Finder Mount for Seamless Open and Save to open and save remote files directly in the corresponding local application
- Expanded Remote Permission Options supports an expanded set of operations including direct preview of eligible files from Aspera Files.
Other significant releases running on the core FASP 3.7 platform include Aspera Share 2.0 for high-speed collaboration, Aspera Orchestrator 3.0 for advanced workflow automation, and Aspera Analytics for next generation transfer analytics and visualization.
Aspera Shares 2.0
– Aspera Shares is a simple, intuitive web application that enables globally dispersed internal and external users to quickly share large files and whole directories, of any size, on servers located worldwide. With a single web interface, users and administrators have consolidated and secure access to content stored anywhere across various on-premises and cloud storage systems.
In this major 2.0 release, Aspera introduces Organizations and Projects to enable greater scale and control across diverse projects and user communities in the enterprise. Administrative rights can now be delegated at different levels to help minimize administrative overhead while enabling tiered administrators to create and enforce powerful user and share management controls.
Aspera Orchestrator 3.0
– This highly anticipated 3.0 release of the web-based application and SDK platform for automating and orchestrating the Aspera transfer environment brings a fresh modern interface designed to speed development and ease administration of the more scalable process engine. New features support team collaboration during workflow design, and enhancements to the Platform APIs help customers programmatically monitor and control workflows at a granular level. The rich set of over 150 third party plug-ins support all Aspera transfer products as well as additional 3rd party media solutions.
– Aspera Analytics offers visual analysis and insights into Aspera transfer logging data. A demo of this new service at NAB will show how Aspera customers can not only gain valuable insight into their Aspera transfer usage but also how to troubleshoot and problem solve. Based on years of research, the platform features a fast and intelligent processing and visualization pipeline to give users new insights into FASP diagnostics and usage. It is built to handle large logs with tens of thousands of sessions in minutes and transforms them into vivid visualizations with interactive filtering and exploring.
The entire suite of Aspera software, SaaS and SDK solutions will be on display at the Aspera Booth in the Las Vegas Convention Center at Booth # SL1824.
During NAB, Aspera co-founder and CEO Michelle Munson will discuss the latest use cases involving file and stream workflows and the latest trends in cloud transport architectures at the following events:
LIVE STREAMING BROADCAST-QUALITY VIDEO OVER COMMODITY INTERNET NETWORKS
Mon, April 24 10:30am - 11:00am
BEITC – Broadcast Engineering & IT Conference (Room: N258)
PANEL DISCUSSION: A WALK IN THE CLOUDS
Tue, April 25 2:45pm - 3:30pm
Next Generation Media Technologies (Room: N262/N264)
For additional information about Aspera at NAB please see http://asperasoft.com/nab-2017/
# # #
Aspera, an IBM company, is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world's data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. For more information about IBM Aspera visit http://www.asperasoft.com
and follow us on Twitter @asperasoft