(Colorado Springs, Colorado--June 17, 2017) Firmware v2017.06 Is Ready to Go! With this update our team is bringing Odyssey and Apollo owners something to really get excited about. Titan HD Extract
is now available as a FREE upgrade for both Odyssey and Apollo. The Odyssey RAW Bundle
now supports Panasonic Varicam LT RAW at up to 2K/240fps
, we've also added Avid DNxHD Recording to both Odyssey and Apollo just to name a few of the things we've been working on.
“This is our 17th major firmware update to our family of Odyssey and Apollo recorder/monitor products. Over the past few years, we have added significant new features and capabilities, including comprehensive monitor tools, 3D LUTs, multi-channel recording options, ProRes 4444, and greatly expanded the RAW support. Avid DNxHD support rounds out the feature set and continues to position the Odyssey and Apollo as the premiere on-camera monitor/recorder products in our industry”, noted Mike Schell, President of Convergent Design.
Keeping your firmware up to date is always a good idea and Odyssey/Apollo firmware v2017.06 makes it even better! Visit our website to find out more about the new features and get the latest firmware today!
View Firmware v2017.06 Release Notes below.
VariCam LT RAW Support up to 2K/240fps The ultimate addition to the Odyssey RAW Bundle
for VariCam LT users is here! Our team has worked closely with Panasonic to enable RAW recording at up to 2K/240fps (as well as 4K/60fps) from the amazing Panasonic VariCam LT on the Odyssey7Q and Odyssey7Q+. Already own the Odyssey RAW Bundle? Great news...just update your device to firmware v2017.06
. If you haven't purchased the Odyssey RAW Bundle yet then visit us online at Convergent-Design.com
to upgrade to the best RAW recording solution available on the market today!
Avid DNxHD up to 1080p50/60 Through this update, both Apollo and Odyssey get Avid DNxHD support at both 145 and 220 Mbps data-rates for common HD formats (1080i50/60, 720p50/60, and 1080p25/30) as well as 1080p50/60 video. The compressed video files are recorded in a QuickTime wrapper (.mov extension). Odyssey7Q/7Q+ can record a single stream of DNxHD, while the Apollo (or Odyssey w/ Apollo Option) can record up to 4 independent streams simultaneously.
The addition of DNxHD in particular makes the Apollo a very attractive solution for multi-cam ENG and news magazine shoots. In addition, a new transfer tool (Convergent Design Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD Transfer Tool 3.0” or “CD Transfer 3.0” for short) is now available, that supports both Apple ProRes, or Avid DNxHD recordings, (Note that DNxHD users must use the new version of the transfer tool.)
NOTE: Visit your Account page
to view your devices and generate a DNxHD Activation key.
Multi-Camera Production from a Single 4K Source The Titan HD Extract
(FREE UPGRADE) for Odyssey & Apollo uses one 4K camera to create three HD video signals. One frame is a Supersample of the full image area and two are windows selected from within the original input. These windows can be panned smoothly through the 4K field and the three angles can be Live-Switched. All four HD signals can be recorded simultaneously in Apple ProRes with matching timecode and filenames.
Titan HD Extract is available now as a free upgrade option for Apollo, Odyssey7Q/7Q+. Titan HD Extract activation keys are now listed under each device on your Account Page
on our website.
Odyssey/Apollo Firmware v2017.06 New Functions, Fixes, Improvements, Software Updates
Apollo / Odyssey7Q+ / Odyssey7Q / Odyssey7 NEW FEATURES: APOLLO & APOLLO OPTION (ODYSSEY7Q+/7Q)
Quad-HD: Avid DNxHD .Mov Support
Quad-HD Quad-Split: Timecode Option
- Simultaneously record up to four streams of Avid DNxHD 220 or 145Mb.
- 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
- 1080i 50, 59.94;
- 720p 50, 59.94, 60 Note: Activation Key required (free) to enable Quad-HD DNxHD .Mov Support.
NEW FEATURES: ODYSSEY RAW BUNDLE (ODYSSEY7Q+/7Q)
Panasonic Varicam LT 2k/ HD 240p Support
- Option to “deselect” or select a Timecode window which is baked into the Quad-Split recorded image in Quad-HD Apple ProRes, or Avid DNxHD Recordings.
NEW FEATURES: ODYSSEY ( ODYSSEY7Q+/7Q/)
HD DNxHD .Mov Support
- Record RAW in CinemaDNG from the Panasonic Varicam LT
- Variframe Supported from 2->240 fps
- HD LT RAW -> HD CinemaDNG 23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 100, 120, 200, 240
- 2K LT RAW -> 2K CinemaDNG 23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 100, 120, 200, 240
NEW FEATURES: ALL MODELS (APOLLO, ODYSSEY7Q+/7Q/7)
8-Channel Audio / 2-Channel Audio Selection
- Single Channel Recording to Avid DNxHD 4:2:2 at 220 or 145 Mb.
- 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
- 1080i 50, 59.94; 720p 50, 59.94, 60
- 720p 50, 59.94 Note: Activation Key required (free) to enable HD DNxHD .Mov Support.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Selection is now available for Embedded Audio to be either 8-Channel or 2-Channel in various record modes including:
- HD/2K Apple ProRes
- HD Avid DNxHD
- 4K/UHD Apple ProRes
- Quad HD Apple ProRes
- Quad HD Avid DNxHD Note: 8-channel audio not available in RAW, RAW->Apple ProRes, DPX, or Apple ProRes 4444 modes
Odyssey RAW Bundle
- FIXED 2:3 Pulldown Support
- FIXED Audio issue found with QT files and Telestream
- IMPROVED Source Naming added to XML file
- FIXED Rare Canon RAW -> Apple ProRes frame issue
- FIXED Rare CanonRAW -> Random Touches
- FIXED Rare ARRIRAW -> Random Touches
- FIXED Sony 4k 100/120 fps burst -> HD/2K Apple Prores half length recording
- IMPROVED Playback Scrubbing artifacts of RAW recordings
CD Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD Transfer Tool 3.0 (Updated)
- FIXED Apple Prores Playback Scrubbing artifact in lower right corner.
- FIXED Issues associated with Computer Generated Images
- FIXED occasional black playback in Apple Prores
- FIXED corruption issue when new generation Samsung 850 EVO drive
- IMPROVED Voltage Display Accuracy.
- IMPROVED Dual 6G SDI Support.
- IMPROVED Playback Quality with all Apple ProRes recordings
- IMPROVED Detection of 4K 50/60p signals.
- RESTORE DEFAULTS: Is now automatically performed on power-up immediately after a firmware update (a dialog alerts user when this happens). Please note settings before updating, and adjust settings as needed after updating.
Avid DNxHD .MOV File Support with QuickTime Player 7.
Avid DNxHD .MOV NLE Support
Avid DNxHD .MOV AMA Support
About Convergent Design
- Support Added for Avid DNxHD Files, Note DNxHD recordings will not work with previous transfer tool.
- Windows and Mac versions available
Founded in 2000, Convergent Design started as a manufacturer of SD/HD signal converters and evolved the product line to include video recorders, RAW data video capture devices and professional monitors. Convergent Design’s progressive technology design means that each new device includes the features and technology of the ones that preceded it.
Convergent Design products are designed and manufactured in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and sold through our worldwide network of dealers and distributors. For more information, please visit Convergent-Design.com