(Los Angeles, CA--February 16, 2018) The Motion Picture Sound Editors
today announces presenters for the 65th MPSE Golden Reel Awards. The awards ceremony is scheduled for Sunday, February 18th at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles. Three-time Academy Award-winning Sound Designer and Supervising Sound Editor Paul Ottosson will present the 2018 MPSE Filmmaker Award to director Kathryn Bigelow. The 2018 MPSE Career Achievement Award will be presented to Sound Designer and Field Recordist John P. Fasal by two-time Academy Award-winning Supervising Sound Editor Alan Robert Murray.
Paul Ottosson, Alan Robert Murray
Other presenters include executives from Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., Blizzard Entertainment and Avid Technologies; representatives from the Cinema Audio Society (CAS), the American Cinema Editors (ACE) and MPSE; and acclaimed sound artists.
Category presenters include:
- Animation and Documentary: Gwendolyn Whittle, Supervising Sound Editor; Kami Asgar, Supervising Sound Editor.
- Computer, Special Venue, Non-Theatrical and Foreign: Paul Menichini, Supervisor of Cinematic Sound, Blizzard Entertainment; Darlene Gorzela, Director/Feature Films, Warner Bros. Sound.
- Broadcast Media Episodic Short Form/Live Action Short: Mark Ulano, Production Mixer and President, Cinema Audio Society; Cynthia Stegner, Senior Vice President of Post Production & Visual Effects, Sony Pictures Television
- Student Filmmaker: Glenn Morgan, Supervising Sound Editor; Mandell Winter, Supervising Sound Editor; Ozzie Sutherland, Pro Audio Solution Specialist, AVID Technologies.
- In Memoriam: Christopher B. Reeves, Supervising Sound Editor.
- Broadcast Media Episodic Long Form and Single Presentation: Stephen Rivkin, Picture Editor, President, of American Cinema Editors; Dina Morrone, Stage Actress, Playwright, Voice Over Artist.
- Feature Film: John Roesch, Foley Artist; Bernard Weiser, Supervising Sound Editor, Vice President, Motion Picture Sound Editors.
Trophy presenters will include Kathleen Baker, Rachel Di Paola and Devon Slack.
Sponsors for this year’s MPSE Golden Reel Awards include Fox Searchlight Pictures (Presenting), Netflix (Presenting), 20th Century Fox (Presenting), Warner Bros. Post Production Creative Services (Silver), Annapurna Pictures (Bronze), Formosa Group (Bronze), Roundabout (Bronze), South Lake Audio Services (Bronze), Technicolor (Bronze). NBC Universal Studios Post (Bronze), Walt Disney Pictures (Bronze), IATSE Local 700 (Event), Sony Pictures (Event), Avid (Student), Dolby Laboratories (After Party) and Smart Post Sound (Bar).
Tickets to the 65th MPSE Golden Reel Awards may be purchased here
# # #
Founded in 1953, the Motion Picture Sound Editors is a non-profit organization of professional sound and music editors who work in the motion picture television and gaming industries. The organization’s mission is to provide a wealth of knowledge from award-winning professionals to a diverse group of individuals, youth and career professionals alike; mentoring and educating the community about the artistic merit and technical advancements in sound and music editing; providing scholarships for the continuing advancement of motion picture sound in education; and helping to enhance the personal and professional lives of the men and women who practice this unique craft. mpse.org