(Las Vegas, NV--March 19, 2018) MAXON
, the industry-leading developer of professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions, is pleased to announce exhibitor participation at the 2018 NAB Show
®, “…the world's largest convention encompassing the convergence of media, entertainment and technology.” The NAB Show is held April 7-12 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, with Maxon showcasing in Booth SL #5627
MAXON Exhibitor Booth Highlights
Visitors to the MAXON booth (# SL 5627) will see dedicated demonstrations showcasing the new tools and enhancements in Cinema 4D Release 19 (R19),
the latest version of the 3D software. Cinema 4D is renown for its legendary stability, ease of use and is used extensively by worldwide content creation professionals in broadcast, film and video, games, visualization, interactive media, virtual reality, and more.
Throughout NAB 2018, top 3D guest artists will appear daily at the exhibit booth main stage to present real-world tips and capabilities in Cinema 4D that have inspired the creation of some of today’s most eye-catching motion graphics and visual effects projects. As part of a “Women in Motion Graphics” initiative, MAXON has invited a number of successful female content creators who are generating tremendous work that is often under-represented in the motion graphics industry.
Among this year’s guest artist presenters include:
– freelance Fictional User Interface (FUI) designer, will show creative solutions in the Cinema 4D MoGraph toolset for the creation of film and television screen graphics.
– School of Visual Arts instructor and director, will break down the Cinema 4D workflow for three Yahoo Fantasy Football spots that show rigging, compositing, and helpful tips for completing complex scenes on time.
– Emmy-Award-winning creative director at Eyedesyn, will demonstrate how to speed up production workflows utilizing the time saving tools in Cinema 4D including XRefs, MoGraph module and Deformers on a motion graphics campaign for a top brand.
– designer, illustrator, and animator, will show how Cinema 4D was used from start to finish on a recent project to add depth and complexity to editorial animations on tight deadlines and give tips on how to start incorporating 3D into your workflow.
– artist/creative director at Already Been Chewed
, will demonstrate how Cinema 4D is used in the studio’s 3D pipeline for creating stunning footwear campaigns. He will highlight texturing practices in Redshift for those who are intimidated by "nodes" and lighting techniques by using basic deformers for creating complex scenes and animations.
– president/chief creative officer at greyscalegorilla
, will show how to render, light and work faster with the OpenGL and Viewport enhancements in Cinema 4D R19 to streamline workflow and make beautiful test and demo renders in seconds instead of hours.
Nate E. Rodriguez-Vera
– 3D digital artist, will demonstrate how the artist-friendly workflow in Cinema 4D such as MoGraph, Boolean operations, Dynamics and camera perspective cheats, helped him as a non-technical artist launch his career in 3D using recent commercial projects for Trident, Camper, and other brands, as examples.
, founder of 3D for Designers
, will show just how approachable 3D can be for artists and designers who use existing knowledge of shape, form, and color using several techniques in Cinema 4D to achieve quick results in style and animation.
– motion designer and director, will show time saving tips for tackling broadcast network graphics production requests using toolsets in Cinema 4D such as Dynamics, MoGraph, modeling, lighting and texturing, to create powerful motion design pieces.
– motion designer, character animator and fine artist, will demonstrate simple technics in Cinema 4D such as text extrusion, cloner objects, sweep nurbs and AE compositing as she breaks down the branding and animated show open for late night comedy show, “The Rundown with Robin Thede”.
– freelance motion designer, editor and compositor, will break down a recent project to demonstrate the versatility of Cinema 4D as a motion design tool showcasing the pose morph, deformers, dynamics, Sketch and Toon and X-Particles toolsets as well as touch on how scripting with Python helps to automate repetitive tasks.
– freelance visual/motion designer shows the value of experimentation on a few personal projects and process in Cinema 4D from initial concepting to final product process behind a few commercial projects for Odwalla, Audi, Del Taco, and Blank Repository. Topics include look development, nesting cloners for kaleidoscopic explosions, creating topographic maps, camera-mapping for rapid compositing, art-directable landscapes/environment creation, and techniques for efficiently addressing client feedback.
– will demonstrate a number of video scenes designed for Pioneer DJ in support of their major trade show booth that involved using the Cinema 4D Take System and dynamics tools, Octane render engine and texturing in conjunction with CAD files.
– two time Emmy-nominated art director, motion graphics animator, and digital artist walks through her Cinema 4D animation and modeling process on the main title for Mike Judge’s new Showtime show, “Tales from the Tour Bus.
– will outline his journey from novice to freelancer in just one year as he demonstrates using natural camera moves in Cinema 4D with just a few clicks to create seemingly complex scenes and physically based materials to achieve great looking renders. In a second presentation, Roberts will show the workflow on three projects from pitch to final delivery using Cinema 4D to cover 2D and 3D compositing and creating a realistic scan laser to use in motion design projects.
– 3D artist, educator and developer of Cinema 4D tools and tutorials at Greyscalegorilla, will cram 50 minutes of tips and tricks for Cinema 4D users to include the many uses of Proximal Shaders, the properties of dynamic chains, efficient ways to use Boole objects and bevel deformers to invert geometry, rebuilding text to be friendly with 3D, and more.
– as lead motion graphics artist in the fast paced world of sports production for the Baltimore Orioles and other national sports franchises, Stange will demonstrate his Cinema 4D creative process for incorporating simple images, illustrator shapes, the CV ArtSmart plug-in and primitive models into Emmy award winning animated video content.
– a motion designer with Cake Studios
will show a complete redesign of the LA Kings' in-game graphics, along with stadium graphics for the Philadelphia Eagles and Denver Broncos, a full graphics refresh for TVA's Super Soiree and various packages for the PAC12 Network.
All artist presentations will stream live during NAB and be archived after the show. Full details on guest artist presenters and streaming schedules is currently available at C4DLive.com
MAXON Around the 2018 NAB Show
During the NAB Show, MAXON returns as a sponsor of numerous educational and networking events, as follows:
NAB 2018 | MoGraph Meetup @ Beerhaus – Sunday, April 8, 5:30 – 10:00 p.m.
An event that is open to the entire motion graphics community sponsored by MAXON, along with School of Motion, The Futur, Greyscalegorilla, Video Copilot, MoGraph Mentor, Red Giant and aescripts + aeplugins. Any and all motion graphics artists are welcome as long as they know what F9 is the hotkey for in After Effects.
Post|Production World (P|PW) – Saturday, April 7 – Wednesday, April 11, 2018
at NAB Show is the leading training event for content creators and designers including TV, film and video editors, producers, directors, graphic artists, motion graphics designers and new media specialists. MAXON certified trainer, Thanassis Pozantzis
(Noseman), will offer several hands-on training sessions focused on Cinema 4D and Cinema 4D Lite including: “Learn 3D With Cinema 4D Lite
”, “Maxon Cinema 4D MoGraph Fundamentals”,
and “Introduction to Cinema 4D Dynamics
”. Click here
for additional session details.
Broadcast Education Association (BEA) Annual Convention – Saturday, April 7 – Tuesday, April 10 – Las Vegas Westgate
The Broadcast Education Association annual co-located convention at NAB features more than 200 sessions, workshops and research geared to educating electronic media professionals and broadcast media educators. MAXON returns to host a booth (#B104) at the BEA to showcase Cinema 4D and the benefits it brings to broadcast media organizations around the world.
MediaMotion Ball (MMB) – Monday, April 9, 5:30 – 10:00 p.m. SLS Las Vegas Hotel
The MediaMotion Ball, produced by the International Media Users Group (IMUG) and the AE-List volunteer organizations, celebrates 21 years on Monday, April 9. As the premier and longest-running annual user group event at NAB, every year post-production, motion graphics and 3D industry professionals come to network and share information. MAXON reprises its sponsorship role as the exclusive provider of fine wines for the dinner event.
Las Vegas SuperMeet – Tuesday, April 25, 7:00 – 11:00 p.m. – Rio Hotel
The seventeenth Las Vegas SuperMeet
, presented by the Creative Pro User Group (CPUG), presents opportunities for digital content creators to learn about the latest trends in collaborative editing workflows and mingle in a fun and social setting. MAXON returns as an event sponsor.
MAXON Booth Hours
The MAXON booth #SL 5627 will be open during 2018 NAB Show exhibit hours
, as follows:
Las Vegas Convention Center
3150 Paradise Road Las Vegas, NV 89109
Exhibit Hall Hours
Monday, April 9 | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 10 | 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 11| 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Thursday, April 12 | 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
# # #
MAXON Web Resources
Additional information on MAXON can be obtained as follows: Website: www.maxon.net
All trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.