(Las Vegas, NV--April 7, 2018) Join experts from the production and post production industries as they highlight their work on real-world projects using a variety of Blackmagic Design
gear. Presenters, such as Editor Alan Bell (“Red Sparrow,” “The Hunger Games” series), DIT Joshua Callis-Smith (“Kingsman: The Golden Circle”), Colorist Walter Volpatto (“Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” “Dunkirk”) and more, will share their insights on the latest workflows, technologies and trends impacting the industry. Hosted by Blackmagic Design, the presentations are free to attend for NAB attendees and no registration is required.
Where / When:
The presentations will take place at Blackmagic Design’s Booth #SL216 throughout the week:
Monday, April 9, 2018
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
- 11:00am PT -- Editor Alan Bell will present on his use of VFX software Fusion Studio when editing “Red Sparrow.”
- 1:00pm PT -- DIT Joshua Callis-Smith will discuss how he uses DaVinci Resolve Studio to manage the color pipeline on feature films such as “Kingsman: The Golden Circle” and “Tomb Raider.”
- 3:00pm PT -- Founder and CEO of post production facility DigitalFilm Tree Ramy Katrib discusses the future of collaborative workflows.
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
- 11:00am PT -- VFX Supervisor Adam Clark of Trick Digital will present on his use of Fusion Studio on “The Last Movie Star” and “Jeepers Creepers III.”
- 1:00pm PT -- Colorist Walter Volpatto of FotoKem will present on coloring “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
- 3:00pm PT -- Post Production Producer Charles Haine and Editors Kaitlyn Cortes and Lily Kleinman will present on their use of DaVinci Resolve Studio on TV pilots “Half Life” and “Maturity.”
For more information on Blackmagic Design at NAB 2018, please visit https://www.blackmagicdesign.com.
- 11:00am PT -- Filmmaker and Director Alex Ferrari will present on his use of URSA Mini Pro digital film cameras, as well as DaVinci Resolve Studio to edit and grade.
- 1:00pm PT -- Senior Colorist Steve Rodriguez of Apache Digital will present on remote grading, camera formats, windows and tracking, and color qualifying.
- 3:00pm PT -- Director/DP Lukas Colombo and Director/Producer Jacob Mann will present on their latest live production for Cirque Du Soleil’s Mystère and their use of Blackmagic Design’s newest line of broadcast solutions.