Cyber Florida Hosts Florida Cyber Conference 2018 October 10 & 11
NewsLast Updated: September 27, 2018 3:37 pm GMT
(Tampa, Florida--September 27, 2018) Cyber Florida announces that they are hosting the Florida Cyber Conference 2018 October 10 & 11 at the Tampa Convention Center. The Florida Center for Cybersecurity is a state-funded entity dedicated to building and strengthening Florida's cybersecurity industry and related workforce.
October 10, beginning at 4:30 pm, and October 11 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Tampa Convention Center, Tampa, Florida
Florida Cyber Conference 2018 (flcybercon.com
) will host at least 1,000 cybersecurity professionals,
educators, students, policymakers, business leaders, and stakeholders from Florida and across the nation.
- 20 sessions featuring speakers from KnowBe4, IBM, ReliaQuest, Raymond James Financial, Bank OZK, University of South Florida, ConnectWise, Cal Poly Pomona, FBI, EY, IARPA, University of Miami and more covering topics on governance, human factors, workforce development, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Keynote Address “Thriving in the Cyber Age,” presented by Chris Inglis, Distinguished Visiting Professor, Center for Cyber Security Studies, US Naval Academy, and former NSA Deputy Director
- Opening Discussion “The Future of Cybersecurity,” led by Vice Adm. Mike McConnell (USN, Ret.), former Director of National Intelligence, with guests Manny Medina, CEO of Cyxtera, and Roland Cloutier, Staff VP & Global Chief Security Officer of ADP
- Onsite cyber capture-the-flag competition
VIPs in Attendance:
- Cyber capture-the-flag competition featuring college students from across the state of Florida and others
- Local Girl Scouts in attendance to observe the capture-the-flag event and learn more about cybersecurity (11:00 am)
- Several area high school classes will be in attendance
- Hack the City: A physical 3D city modeled after Tampa that demonstrates the real-world, physical effects of a cyberattack on a city and critical infrastructure. Follow the instructions to hack the power plant and watch the lights go out across Cyberville. Hack the water treatment plant and see the water come to a standstill across the city.
- IBM's Watson machine-learning (AI) platform will available for demonstration and interaction offering cybersecurity career advice
- Vice Admiral Mike McConnell, USN, Retired, former Director of National Intelligence and former Director of the NSA
- Chris Inglis, keynote speaker, former Deputy Director of the NSA, and Visiting Distinguished Professor at the US Naval Academy
- Manny Medina, CEO of Cyxtera Technologies and high profile Miami-based tech entrepreneur
- Stu Sjouwerman, Founder & CEO of KnowBe4, a rapidly growing cybersecurity firm headquartered in Clearwater
- Brian Murphy, Founder & CEO of ReliaQuest, a rapidly growing cybersecurity firm headquartered in Tampa
- Mauritz Plenby, Vice Consul, Information Economy & Creative Industries with the British Consulate-General Miami
- Dr. Daniel Manson, Professor of Computer Science at Cal Poly Pomona
- Rodney Petersen, Director of the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)