(Martinez, CA--June 19, 2020) RE:Vision Effects, Inc.
, acclaimed effects plug-in industry leader and makers of Academy Award-winning software, is pleased to introduce DEFlicker v2, a major upgrade to the solution to problematic high frame rate and timelapse footage.
DEFlicker is the ruler of taking control of all things that flicker whether you shoot with very high-speed shutter or at very low video frame rates (timelapses). Version 2 provides additional and enhanced tools for correcting high-speed shutter artifacts, timelapse flicker and now comes with 4 plug-ins:
High-speed shutter rates and high frame rate elements tend to exhibit strobing caused by local lighting systems. New in DEFlicker v2 are tools for managing the Alpha Channel for green screen VFX shots. Also added is improved noise reduction and a simplified method for removing the flicker quickly. Now users can enter the frames-per-second of the shot, and the system frequency for their region (50 or 60 Hz) and DEFlicker takes care of the rest.
Your solution to handle flicker of video material with a lot of motion discontinuities. New features include improvement of render speed for sequences over 4K and better handling of large color and lighting shifts. It also now properly deals with over-range values.
Extended timelapse scenes often suffer from fluctuation in color and levels when shot using automatic exposure. DEFlicker already allows you to display graphically the variation over time and replace missing frames in the sequence. In v2, new methods of fixing or replacing bad or damaged frames are implemented.
New in v2, the Rolling Bands plug-in can be used in conjunction with High-Speed or by itself. It allows you to model and attenuate those annoying dark bands primarily caused by lighting and rolling shutter speed time synchronization issues. Rolling Bands provide interactive ways to model rolling bands height, the distance between bands, and the speed of roll. It also provides fine band feathering options to match the source video transition from lighter to darker. Temporal processing takes into account the rolling bands speed.
All plug-ins will see better handling of linear versus gamma encoded sources (now automatic in AE, matches project settings) and v2 should load v1 based projects without issues.
See the release notes
on our website for full download.
Pricing and availability: Download a demo here
and give it a try!
About RE:Vision Effects
- DEFlicker v2 is available for $249.95, or upgrade from v1 for $65.75.
- The same activation license will work in Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro, Filmlight Baselight, Foundry Nuke, Sony Catalyst Edit, Blackmagic Design Resolve and Fusion, Apple FCPX and Motion, Autodesk Smoke, FxHome Hitfilm, Assimilate Scratch, SilhouetteFX, Inria Natron, Magix Vegas Pro and others.
- If you purchased DEFlicker v1 on or after April 20, 2020, your activation key has been automatically upgraded to v2. Just download v2 and go (be sure to exit your app first).
- If you purchased Effections or Effections Plus v20 on or after April 20, 2020, you will receive a new activation key for v2 at no charge. Same with floating licenses for Effections Plus and DEFlicker.
- Floating licenses, volume discounts and render-only licenses are also available. Visit https://revisionfx.com/products/deflicker/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
RE:Vision Effects is a software development company focused on providing innovative software to create, modify, control, and enhance digital video imagery at the highest quality. Their products have a broad range of applications and are currently used in every phase of television, motion picture, internet and visual effects industries. The company supplies its cutting edge software through partnerships and direct sales for a large segment of customers ranging from at-home editors, wedding and other live event videographers, industrial video providers to those creating high-end effects for commercials, broadcast TV and big-budget films. The founders received a 2006 Academy Award for Technical Achievement for the design and development of this affordable, user-friendly RE:Vision family of software products. Demo material, examples and software are available at http://www.revisionfx.com
Twixtor, DE:Noise, ReelSmart Motion Blur, RE:Grade, RE:Map, RE:Match and RE:Flex are registered trademarks and Effections, FieldsKit, RE:Fill, RE:Lens, SmoothKit, and Video Gogh are trademarks of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. All other trademarks, company names and products are the property of their respective holders. Features, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.